What is a Relationship Coach?
Relationship coaching helps bridge the gap between creating meaningful relationships and ending unhealthy ones. It helps you focus on creating boundaries for yourself and others in order to create relationships that feel authentic and uplifting.
A relationship coach helps you create a vision for the type of relationships you wish to attract. These are generally relationships that fit your values, goals and dreams framework. When you identify these relationships, it serves as a jumping off point for personal growth and transformation. Wait, what? You heard that right, relationship coaching focuses on you and how you show up to the relationships in your life. You cannot change others, you can choose how you wish to engage in what you want to attract.
A relationship coach is not a dating service, I do not help you find your soulmate or set up dates.
As a relationship coach, I partner with you to define and become clear on the type of relationships that support you and align with your life’s vision. I provide support, accountability and tools to help you create the relationships you desire.
I help you identify the mindset and belief system you currently have that may be repelling the relationships you wish to create. We explore your boundaries or lack of and create a strategy to implement positive, healthy boundaries that instill respect and love.
Together, we evaluate where you are, where you want to go and then create the goals and steps necessary to get there.
How can a relationship coach help?
Relationships are one of the most critical elements in your life, both personally and professionally. Relationships are what attract or repel people from wanting to be friends with you, to date you, to hire you or to work with you.
If you don’t spend time learning how to cultivate and sustain healthy relationships, your emotional cup will never be full. This leaves you feeling drained and depleted in other areas of your life.
When relationships are built around fear, guilt, worry or anxiety, they aren’t healthy to your overall well-being and self-esteem. They erode your self-confidence and they keep you playing small. Your options become limited and you begin to believe they know what is best for you. You allow others to control your decisions. Boundaries no longer exist, you stay in your box. Solutions no longer exist and you become a victim to your overall circumstances.
Relationship coaching helps you create an emotionally full and rich life. Solutions to once impossible obstacles, become clear and limitless. You feel supported to dream about the freedom you are seeking in your ideal life. You release negative thoughts and beliefs about yourself, increasing your overall confidence and self-esteem. You create new habits and routines that support healthy relationships, including your relationship with yourself.
Understanding and building healthy relationships that compliment your ideal lifestyle is about being prepared, being clear on your vision and creating the right framework from the ground up.
I help you prepare by becoming clear on:
- your values
- who and what you need to forgive
- unhealthy relationships sucking your energy
- where your emotional needs are not being met
- your relationship with yourself
- communication skills to create positive personal and professional relationships
- where your boundaries are fuzzy or non-existent
- your ideal relationships
- goals and action steps
- who you don’t want to be
- potential obstacles, roadblocks, fears
- healthy boundaries
- what you need to let go of, i.e. fears, guilt, worry, bad relationships
- who you need to become in order to bring your vision to life
You should hire a relationship coach if…
- you’re stuck in boring, unhealthy relationships
- you don’t attract relationships that feed your soul
- you seem to attract the energy vampires personally and professionally
- your current relationships aren’t working the way you like
- you come away from gatherings feeling depleted and depresses
- you struggle with being vulnerable with others
- you want to create new relationships but aren’t sure how
- you are constantly stressed because your needs are not met
- you feel that relationships are 50/50
- you feel you do “all the work” in your relationships, there is no give and take
- you want supportive relationships
- you don’t know how to communicate your feelings effectively
- your personal and/or professional life is impacted by current relationships
- you want freedom from a drama-filled lifestyle
- your current relationships focus on negativity and lack