What is a Retirement Coach?
Retirement coaching is a partnership with a coach and newly retired or soon-to-be retirees who are ready to transition to a new, exciting season of life. It helps bridge the gap between ending your identity as a busy worker and exploring the possibilities that are ahead. It helps you focus on what you want.
A retirement coach does not provide financial advice, consulting or guidance.
Retirement is often associated with freedom. Freedom to do whatever you want, when you want and on your terms. You get to architect a brand new life for yourself. The possibilities are endless! It’s what you have dreamed about for the last 40 or 50 years, and it’s finally here!
Retirement is also associated with slowing down, enjoying the finer things in life as they say. Yet, many retirees aren’t ready to slow down. Many of you are able to retire in your fifties and early sixties. You are ready to invent a brand new life, a brand new version of who you are and what you can be.
As a retirement coach, I partner with you to define and build the lifestyle framework that supports and aligns with your life’s vision. I provide support, accountability and tools to help you create the person and life you dreamt about. This is a great time to dream about what you really, really, really want and get creative in your solutions!
I help you see your retirement as a journey, not a destination. It’s not about endings but new beginnings.
Together, we evaluate where you are, where you want to go and then create the goals and steps necessary to get there. We work on re-creating YOU, rediscovering long lost dreams or passions, rejuvenating your energy and excitement.
How can a retirement coach help?
Most people plan more for a vacation than they do their retirement. Often, the financial aspects are planned for but the actual process is ignored. After all, society reminds us over and over again how critical it is to be financially sound for retirement so that’s no secret.
Yet, how often do you hear about becoming emotionally and mentally prepared for retirement? This is the secret that you need to know about!
Does this sound familiar?
You want to grow yet that path no longer seems clear to you. Relationships begin to change.
What once looked and felt like freedom now feels empty and scary. You lose sight of who you are, what you want and what your dreams are. You realize you have been defined by what you have accomplished or been, not who you are, at a soul level.
You have no hobbies or the ones you did have don’t hold the same excitement or stir the same passion. The people you hung out with no longer call. You aren’t sure what your purpose is now yet you want to make a difference and add value to the world.
Building a new lifestyle is about being prepared, being clear on your vision and creating the right framework from the ground up.
I help you prepare by becoming clear on:
- who you are
- what’s important to you
- find meaningful structure to your day, incorporating a sense of accomplishment while enjoying your leisure time
- use your strengths to create new opportunities
- your value, what you want to contribute to the world
- your vision of your new lifestyle
- your goals and action steps
- who you don’t want to be
- potential obstacles, roadblocks, fears
- what you need to let go of
- who you need to become in order to bring your vision to life
You should hire a retirement coach if..
- you feel lost and out of touch with who you are
- your identity relied upon what you accomplished in life or a title, rather than who you are, on a soul level
- you come up with excuses to not enjoy your retirement
- you feel you don’t add value or purpose to life
- you want to try something new yet don’t know what or how to do it
- you need to find new areas of passion and excitement
- you want to create new relationships
- you feel you are too old to try something new
- you want to live an intentional, fulfilling life rather than carelessly wasting time